Certificate of Incorporation ,Certificate Confirming Incorporation of Company ,Incorporation February 26, 2018
Certificate of Incorporation
A Certificate of Incorporation is a legal document issued by the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (“ACRA”) and it serves to certify that an entity is registered in Singapore under the applicable Act. It contains the company’s name, registration number, date of incorporation and the company’s former names (if applicable).
This certificate is not issued at time of incorporation but can be conveniently purchased via ACRA BizFile+ portal whenever required by the business owners. The steps to purchase the Certificate of Incorporation are as follows:
- Visit ACRA BizFile+ portal at www.bizfile.gov.sg.
- Login with SingPass or CorpPass. (Login is required. Otherwise, the option to purchase Certificate of Incorporation will not be shown. Login button is located on the top right corner of bizfile home page.)
- Mouse hover on “Buy information”menu -> “Other Information” -> “Certificates”-> “Buy Now”.
- Type business registration number in “Entity Search” box.
- Fill in Captcha.
- Click on “buy information” link from search result panel.
- Choose “Certifcate Confirming Incorporation of Company”.
There are two versions available for purchase (i.e. electronic version and hard copy version) via ACRA BizFile+ portal at a fee of S$50 per report.
The electronic version is generated electronically and does not contain any signature. Upon successful payment, the electronic version of the certificate can be downloaded from the link provided in the email available under “Messages” in the ACRA BizFile+ portal. Alternatively, an email with the link for downloading of the certificate will be sent to you within 30 minutes upon successful payment.
If you require a signed certificate for submission to overseas authority etc., you may purchase the hardcopy version which is signed by ACRA officer. Once purchase has been completed via ACRA BizFile+ portal, the hardcopy certificate will be available for collection at the ACRA reception. You may also request ACRA to post the certificate to a specified address.